The overall goal of college governance at Folsom Lake College (FLC) is to facilitate the success of students and to provide effective decision-making processes for the college. The entire college community - students, faculty, classified staff, and administrators - are encouraged to participate in committees. Each individual’s perceptions, expertise, and contributions are valued.
Each participatory governance committee can assign work to its respective standing and/or ad hoc subcommittees. Standing subcommittees meet at least once a semester and have work that is expected to extend over a number of years. They are listed under their parent committees with a brief description of their objectives, purposes, and responsibilities. Standing subcommittees are required to post agendas and minutes. Ad hoc subcommittees meet to complete specific tasks and may have extended intervals of one or more semesters when they do not meet.
- Budget and Facilities Planning Committee
- Classified Professional Development Committee
- Coordinating Council
- Curriculum Committee
- Diversity and Equity Committee
- Faculty Professional Development Committee
- Institutional Effectiveness Committee
- Matriculation and Student Success Committee
- Safety Committee
- Student Learning Outcomes Committee
- Technology Committee