Home College Governance Participatory Governance Committees Classified Professional Development Committee
Classified Professional Development Committee provides information and access to professional development activities and funding opportunities to permanent classified staff.
- To encourage professional development by providing assistance, guidance, and financial support to classified staff in the expansion, progress, or growth of their professional development.
- To inform classified staff of Professional Development opportunities.
- To provide access and assistance to classified staff when applying for Professional Development funding.
- To create Classified Professional Growth opportunities by drawing on our college’s own intellectual resources as well as external sources.
- To encourage classified attendance at college-wide Professional Development activities and events.
- To create annual Classified Professional Development goals that consider the wide-ranging responsibilities of classified staff and work locations.
- To review the Classified Professional Development Committee budget annually and adjust adjustments to funding allocations as needed.
- Review and vote on all Campus Classified Professional Development Funding applications. The committee may discuss and recommend adjustments to proposals as needed.
- Identify and collaborate with the Faculty Professional Development Committee and Classified Senate on activities for which co-funding opportunities exist.
- To receive reports from staff who have been awarded professional development funds and provide a platform to share the information gathered with other classified staff.
- To provide and/or advertise professional development opportunities and resources for all classified staff.
- To review and revise as necessary committee processes and plans on a cyclical basis.
- To provide input to the appropriate contact on the distribution of college wide professional development funds.
- To increase participation in professional development activities among the classified staff of FLC Main, EDC, and RCC.
- To ensure all classified staff have access to professional development resources that will help them thrive.
- Encourage college wide collaboration, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Survey classified staff each June to assist the committee with offering professional development activities.
Total number of members is six to eight (6-8), including representation from the following constituency groups:
- Administrators (1)
- Administrative Liaison (1)
- Classified (7) - minimum of 5 unique members; a member may represent more than one area
- Classified Chair (1)
- Campus Campus Professional Development Funding Coordinator (1)
- Classified Senate President or designee (1)
- LRCEA Professional Development Fund Chairperson (1)
- LRSA Professional Development Representative or designee (1)
- Classified At Large (2)
- Professional Development Coordinator (non-voting)
- Business Services Office representative, when requested (non-voting)