The Technical Review Subcommittee provides a preliminary reading of course and program proposals and revisions.
- To provide guidance, advocacy, and oversight for FLC’s curriculum by ensuring that the curriculum is academically sound, comprehensive, relevant, and responsive to the evolving needs of our students and the community we serve.
- To maintain a commitment to the college mission, values, and goals, and to the principles of collegial contact with our colleagues across the Los Rios Community College District.
- To review proposals for all new and revised courses and provide feedback to the developers.
- To review proposals for all new and revised programs and provide feedback to the developers.
- To review proposals for deletion of courses, programs and provide feedback to the developers.
- To review proposals for establishing and validating prerequisites, co-requisites, and/or advisories.
- The Technical Review Chair is responsible for reviewing Independent Studies petitions from supervising faculty, signing off on them, and forwarding them to the Dean that oversees that particular discipline.
Must be a current or former member of the Curriculum Committee. Total number of members is eight (8) or more, including representation from the following constituency groups:
- Administrators (1)
- Administrative Liaison (1)
- Faculty (5 or more)
- Faculty Chair (1)
- Articulation Officer (1)
- Readers (3 or more)
- Classified (2)