The Diversity and Equity Committee serves to advance diversity and equity for our campus community.
- To participate in the evaluation of institutional policies, practices, and climate which impact student equity gaps, and collaborate in the development and implementation of practices to achieve equitable outcomes.
- To serve as a resource and facilitate efforts related to diversity and equity.
- To forward proposals and recommendations regarding diversity and equity to the Academic Senate, Classified Senate, Associated Student Body, and managers.
- To inform the development, updating, and implementation of the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) plan, the Student Equity Plan, and other mandated and recommended plans addressing diversity and equity.
- To assess and respond to the results of the periodic campus climate survey.
- To provide ongoing college-wide and community diversity and equity education, awareness, training, forums, and workshops to the campus community.
- To collaborate with the Professional Development Committees on diversity and equity training relating to professional development for faculty, staff, and managers.
- To work with on-campus constituent groups and committees to assess equity gaps and recommend solutions.
- To assess and review equity data on a cyclical basis and make recommendations to address equity gaps.
- To infuse diversity and equity celebrations and events into the academic calendar.
- To recognize efforts on campus and in the community that support diversity and equity.
- To assess and revise as necessary committee processes and plans on a cyclical basis.
Total number of members is twenty-three (23), including representation from the following constituency groups:
- Administrators (2)
- Administrator Tri-Chair (1)
- College Equity Officer (1)
- Faculty (10)
- Faculty Tri-Chair (1), from any area
- Equity Coordinator
- Faculty (8) - Recommended that representation include one from each area, as well as representing part-time faculty, EDC, RCC, and PREP. Note: One individual may represent more than one area.
- Classified (6)
- Classified Tri-Chair (1), from any area
- Classified (5) - Recommended that representation include one from each area, as well as representing EDC, RCC, and the Equity Center. Note: One individual may represent more than one area.
- Students (5)
- ASFLC (1)
- Students At Large (4) - Recommended that representation include student clubs supporting diversity and equity, EDC, and RCC.