Home College Governance Participatory Governance Committees Faculty Professional Development Committee
The Faculty Professional Development Committee maintains responsibility for providing professional development activities and opportunities to College faculty.
- To provide professional development activities and opportunities to FLC faculty, including Flex days.
- To allocate funds for faculty for attending professional development activities off campus.
- To award Sabbatical Leaves for faculty.
- To forward proposals regarding academic and professional matters to the Academic Senate.
- To forward recommendations regarding non-academic and professional matters to the College President.
- To create and update as necessary the college’s Professional Development Plan in collaboration with Classified Professional Development Committee.
- To plan, publicize, and implement Flex Days.
- To develop, review, propose, and implement the process for allocating funds for faculty to attend off campus professional development activities.
- To develop, review, and propose the annual budget for the FPDC, specifying an amount to be spent on Flex and/or college-wide activities (not to exceed 20% of the annual budget) with the remainder to be allocated to faculty (75%) and staff (25%).
- To research and solicit funds for College-wide activities.
- To develop, review, propose, and implement the process for allocating funding for Flex and other college-wide development activities.
- To develop, review, propose, and implement the process for awarding sabbaticals to eligible faculty members.
- To facilitate training for faculty mentors as identified by the Academic Senate President.
- To facilitate orientation for new faculty.
- To assume responsibility for other academic and professional matters regarding professional development as mutually agreed upon between Academic Senate President and the College President.
- To ensure all committee actions comply with the standards set forth by the Education Code and Title V.
- To assess and revise as necessary committee processes and plans on a cyclical basis.
Total number of members is fourteen to twenty-two (14-22), including representation from the following constituency groups:
- Administrators (1)
- Administrative Liaison (1)
- Faculty (10-18)
- Faculty Chair (1)
- Professional Development Coordinator (1)
- Faculty (8-16), 1-2 from each area
- Classified (1)
- Classified Professional Development Committee Chair or designee (1)
- Students (2)
- New Faculty Orientation