The Institutional Effectiveness (IE) committee promotes and oversees integrated planning. It is a coordinating body that reviews proposals from Academic Senate, Classified Senate, Student Services, Administrative Services, and students and that evaluates these proposals to determine their potential impact. With assistance from participatory governance committees, IE will connect these individual proposals with larger college planning processes and/or documents.
The Institutional Effectiveness Committee collaborates with all college groups to ensure a culture of inclusive dialogue based on inquiry and evidence so as to generate information intended to be used for institutional assessment and planning directed toward improving student learning, closing equity gaps, and fostering institutional effectiveness.
- To review institutional level outcomes data through an equity lens to inform program and institutional decision- making and planning and to ensure that institutional planning processes are guided by program reviews, annual plans, the college master plan, and district planning processes.
- To make recommendations to the President about the development and assessment of the College’s strategic initiatives and planning goals in collaboration with participatory governance committees.
- To initiate and to coordinate the review and revision (as appropriate) of the Vision and Mission statements, College Master Plan, decision making structures, and college processes.
- To maintain and to publish the annual planning calendar in coordination with the various planning and budget teams.
- To review and to recommend college Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Institutional- Set Standards.
- To ensure institutional planning processes are informed by Program Reviews and Annual Plans completed by Instruction, Student Services, and Administration departments/units; and Accreditation Self-Study Planning Agenda Matrix and Commission Recommendations.
- To work with the Student Learning Outcomes (SLO) Committee to make connections with the larger college planning strategies and SLOs.
- To coordinate the collaboration of Student Services, Administrative Services, and Instruction regarding current trends and needs of the college and to leverage this collaboration to support guided pathways and goal alignment.
- To take proposals from each of the constituent groups and to review them for potential impact on other groups and on the college as a whole.
Total number of members is fifteen (15), including representation from the following constituency groups:
- Administrators (3)
- Administrative Tri-Chair - Dean of Planning and Research (1)
- Vice President of Instruction/Accreditation Liaison Officer (1)
- Dean of Student Services or Student Success (1)
- Faculty (7)
- Faculty Tri-Chair - Academic Senate President (1)
- Accreditation Steering Committee Faculty Tri-Chair or designee (1)
- Student Learning Outcomes Committee Chair or designee (1)
- Curriculum Committee or Program Review and Department Planning Subcommittee Chair (1)
- Faculty At Large (3) - At least one of the faculty positions should be the Guided Pathways faculty lead.
- Classified (4)
- Classified Tri-Chair - Classified Senate President (1)
- Classified At Large (3)
- Students (1)
- Student Senate President or designee (1)
- President (non-voting)
- Vice President of Administration (non-voting)
- Vice President of Student Services (non-voting)
- Executive Director of the Harris Center for the Arts or designee (non-voting)
Guidance: In keeping with the college’s commitment to inclusion, please attempt to ensure that the following areas are represented within the membership: Diversity and Equity Committee, Safety Committee, El Dorado Center, Rancho Cordova Center, Main Folsom campus, and the Harris Center. Additionally, please strive for a balance of representation within classified areas (e.g. student services, administration, supervisors, etc.) and faculty (divisions/units, primary work locations, experience with online/DE courses, etc.).
- Budget and Facilities Planning Committee
- Classified Professional Development Committee
- Coordinating Council
- Curriculum Committee
- Diversity and Equity Committee
- Faculty Professional Development Committee
- Institutional Effectiveness Committee
- Matriculation and Student Success Committee
- Safety Committee
- Student Learning Outcomes Committee
- Technology Committee