The Safety Committee maintains a safe working and learning environment for faculty, staff, administrators, students, and community members.
- To consider Health and Safety issues and direct them to the appropriate individuals or services.
- To forward recommendations regarding health and safety issues that cannot be resolved at the committee level to the College President.
- To assess and revise as necessary committee processes and plans on a cyclical basis.
- Reports filed by employees or others of alleged safety deficiencies.
- Accident reports filed by employees or others – examine cause and develop a follow-up procedure for correction.
- Safety equipment, safety classes, and other related safety matters, including safety procedures, safety handbooks, and the responsibility of employees and students concerning safety practices.
- To carry recommendations regarding health and safety issues not resolved at the college/facilities management level to the District Safety Committee, Preparedness Assessment Team, Risk Management office, or other appropriate individuals or services.
- To work cooperatively and collaboratively with Preparedness Awareness Team.
Total number of members is twenty-six (26), including representation from the following constituency groups*:
- Administrators (3)
- Administrative Chair/Location Safety Officer - Vice President of Administration or designee (1)
- Los Rios Police Department Captain or designee (1)
- LRMA Representative (1)
- Faculty (8)
- Academic Senate President or designee (1)
- Budget and Facilities Planning Committee Faculty Co-Chair or designee (1)
- College Nurse (1)
- LRCFT Representative (1)
- Adjunct Faculty Member (1)
- Faculty At Large (3)
- Classified (13)
- Administrative Services - College Operations (1)
- Chemical Hygiene Officer (1)
- Classified Senate President or designee (1)
- Custodial Services (1)
- Educational Center Representatives (2), one from each EDC and RCC
- Harris Center for the Arts (1)
- LRCEA Representative (1)
- LRSA Representative (1)
- SEIU Representative (1)
- Student Life Supervisor (1)
- Student Services - DSPS (1)
- Classified At Large (2)
- Students (2)
- Communications & Public Information Officer (non-voting)
* Some members may represent the interests of more than one constituency.
The following district committees will be represented by required or appointed members of the college’s Safety Committee:
- LRCCD Safety Committee
- Preparedness Assessment Team