The Student Learning Outcomes Committee assists faculty and departments in the development and assessment of student learning outcomes (SLO) in relation to curriculum development, as well as department and college-wide planning; to review college-wide efforts at SLO assessment, and to disseminate the results of those reviews to the college community.
- To provide assistance and guidance to departments in the writing of student learning outcomes.
- To assist departments in developing outcomes assessment strategies and plans.
- To provide models of SLO assessments at the course and program level.
- To analyze college-wide SLO reports, looking for cross-disciplinary patterns in student learning.
- To provide feedback on assessment plans/methods/data to departments and/or individual instructors.
- To disseminate information regarding student learning outcomes and assessment to the college-wide community.
- To forward proposals regarding academic and professional matters to the Academic Senate.
- To forward recommendations regarding non-academic and professional matters to the College President.
- To review departments’ responses on SLO-related questions of Annual Department Plans yearly.
- To develop SLO guidelines and best practices.
- To recommend SLO-related materials for the SLO webpage and library.
- To develop system-wide assessment materials – particularly surveys.
- To track college-wide SLO assessment for accreditation.
- To provide yearly reports on state of SLO assessment to the Academic Senate and Institutional Effectiveness committee.
- To coordinate training in SLO assessment.
- To coordinate assessment of college’s institutional student learning outcomes.
Total number of members is ten (10), including representation from the following constituency groups:
- Administrators (1)
- Administrative Liaison - Dean of Instruction (1)
- Faculty (8), one from each area, includes Faculty Chair
- Classified (1)