We are excited to open our new space as of 2019! Why Equity? We are multi-issue, intersectional, and want students to be able to bring their full selves into our space. We strive to create a welcoming, non-judgemental environment where our campus community can learn together on how to better support our disproportionately impacted (DI) populations.
Students of color, LGBTQIA+, 1st generation, low-income, foster youth, undocumented students, veterans, and other vulnerable populations are an important part of our campus. We want to ensure they feel supported and connected to succeed at the same rates as other Falcons, who may face fewer barriers to success.
Get to Know Us
Get involved and:
- Invite us to present a workshop or lead a training
- Attend events, workshops, and trainings
- Refer students or employees who need support
- Build community, get engaged, collaborate with equity-minded
- Mentor others or receive mentorship
- Help improve campus climate and reach equity-related goals
- Learn more about equity work at FLC
The Equity Center is born out of the Diversity and Equity Committee (DEC). All are welcome to attend DEC meetings, which meet every first Friday from 9:15 to 11:00 am in FL3-165 and by video conference for EDC and RCC.
Let's Meet Up!
Please stop by to learn more about the Equity Center, our work, related clubs, and how everyone can engage in equity work. Find us in the main hallway of Aspen Hall. We look forward to seeing you!
- Hold office hours in the Equity Center
- Build relationships with students outside the classroom
- Be visible to prospective students seeking equity-minded professors
- Bring your class on a tour to learn more
- Attend equity trainings for faculty, in collaboration with the Professional Development Committee
- Build with other equity-minded faculty, staff, and more
- Learn how to apply equity to the classroom to support our most vulnerable and disproportionately impacted (DI) populations
- Get to know our Faculty Equity Coordinator, Dr. Victoire Chochezi!
Affinity-based Los Rios Employee Resource Groups
Asian Pacific Islander (API) Legacy, Black Faculty and Staff Association (BFSA), Comunidad, Spectrum, Native American Collaborative
Diversity & Equity Committee (DEC)
Meets: 9:15 am to 11:00am First Fridays, Buckeye Hall FL3-165, EDC B-249, RCC1-141 (via video conference at sites)
All are welcome to attend.