Office of Student Life
The Office of Student Life is committed to providing training and leadership experiences to assist in the development and organization of students through the Associated Students of Folsom Lake College (ASFLC), Student Ambassador program, and campus clubs. This department also supports faculty and staff interested in or currently serving as club advisors.
What is ASFLC?
The Associated Student of Folsom Lake College (ASFLC) is the official organization that represents students, and we offer many fun, exciting and meaningful opportunities to get engaged in campus life! ASFLC consists of two boards:
- Student Senate advocates for the common interests of students.
- Clubs and Events Board (CAEB) promotes student involvement in events and activities on campus
All student leaders from each board are committed to advocating for students' rights, improving the campus culture and developing transferable leadership skills.
How Can Students Get Involved?
Encourage your students to attend at least one ASFLC meeting per semester:
- Student Senate meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm in Aspen Hall FL1-8.
- Clubs and Events Board (CAEB) meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm in Aspen Hall FL1-8
All are welcome and can come late or leave early as their class schedule dictates.
Why Get Involved?
- Make a Difference: Opportunity to engage with the campus, represent the student voice, and make change.
- Build Your Resume: Students gain valuable leadership experience that will make them stand out on career and transfer applications.
- Leadership Skills: Develop leadership skills and strengths, and use these skills to participate and lead in meetings throughout the campus.
- Fun: Plan and put on campus-wide events.
- Conferences: Students attend state-wide leadership conferences, at no cost to them.
- Networking: Students will meet and work with college faculty, staff and administration.
- Socialize: Students will have fun connecting with other students, and will make new friends.
Promote campus engagement and help to inform your students about ASFLC by requesting a brief (10 minutes) ASFLC Classroom Presentation from one of our amazing ASFLC Student Officers. Request a classroom presentation.
Main Folsom campus
Falcon's Roost FR-107