Connect with Starfish is the new early alert software that allows faculty to get students the services and support they need to succeed. Easily connect directly with your students or the Success Program Team supporting them using this tool!
Why Should Instructors Use Connect with Starfish?
- Close equity gaps by providing collaborative personalized support.
- Connect students to resources to help them succeed.
- Keep success teams, like learning communities and HomeBases, in the loop about student performance.
- Track feedback offered to students to monitor their progress.
- Give students feedback regarding course performance to encourage early interventions.
- Use kudos to motivate students.
How Do I Use Connect with Starfish?
- Log in to Connect with Starfish (the link is also available inside Canvas).
- Create congratulatory kudos, raise flags, and send action referrals at any point in the term.
- Track kudos, flags, and referrals for your students during the semester.
- Clear flags when your concerns regarding a student are resolved.
- Respond to progress surveys required by Student Support programs (for example, EOP&S or Athletics).
Who Supports Students Who Receive Flags or Referrals?
- Most flags are resolved by the instructor when contact with a student has occurred.
- Referrals automatically go to the student's Success Program Team, who will offer support.
- Success Teams can see flags and kudos, but do not typically act on them. These communications are between the instructor and the student.