Business Services serves the college community of students, faculty, administrators, and staff by:
- Providing access to accurate financial information.
- Facilitating access to funds through proper knowledge and implementation of generally accepted governmental accounting standards and district policies and procedures.
- Providing sound business practices in the daily financial operations of the college.
Purchasing Instructions & Forms
PO Archives - Current Fiscal Year
PO Archives - Prior Fiscal Years
PeopleSoft Budget Balance Information
FLC Business Services Who-To-Contact Matrix
FLC Business Services Year End Deadlines
LRCCD Purchasing Handbook
LRCCD User Guide for Requisitions
Please see the back of a Travel Form for Instructions as well.
Employees need approval for all company travel and/or mileage reimbursements. Please allow at least two weeks for approval. A month is best if asking for a cash advance or prepayment for registration. Travel forms are only accepted electronically now.
- Begin by completing the left side of a travel form. Attach any necessary receipts and quotes to Part I. Keep in mind any optional items, like Early Bird Check-In Fees on a flight are not reimbursable. You must select the lowest rate available, for example “wanna get away” on Southwest.
- When printing maps for mileage either MapQuest or Google Maps is ok as long as you get the step-by-step directions. You do not need to show round-trip instructions, just double the one-way mileage. There is no need to attach MapQuest for Intercampus travel. Use the standard mileage chart provided by the District Office to find the allowable distance to each campus.
- If traveling out of state/or a distance greater than 500 miles, I will need to get the College President's approval. Please allow extra time for this process.
- Meal allowance is a set amount for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The times you list for departing and arriving back home are a factor. Please see the back of the travel for this information and the meal rates.
- If an employee does not travel outside of District boundaries, overnight stays and meals are not reimbursable. Feel free to ask if you are not sure if an area is in boundaries or not.
- Employees may ask for a Cash Advance or a Registration Prepayment when they submit a travel to save out-of-pocket costs. Please round the cash advance to a whole number if possible. A minimum of $100 is required for cash advance.
- If you do opt for any prepayment, you must complete Part II. A and/or B. Be sure to supply an invoice and/or clear instructions for the District Office on who and where to send any registration payment, and when it is due.
- Employees may use Concur (District Travel Agency) to book flights/rental cars so that they do not have to pay for them out of pocket. Concur does not book hotels, so hotels will still need to be reserved and paid for on a personal credit card. Please see your AA if you would like to register on Concur for an upcoming travel.
- When Part I is complete, the employee should sign (type your name) and submit the travel form with all final back-up to their Area Dean to approve. Do not use Docusign, it locks up the form.
- Area Dean or AA will be sure there is an adequate budget, approve, and forward to me.
Notes: For Zero $ Travels, I will get VPA approval (on Part I only) to approve the trip or no-cost event. The employee/Dean will be emailed the approved travel and the travel will be saved electronically. Part III will not need to be completed unless expenses were incurred.
When Part I is approved, everyone involved will be copied on the email, so the employee will have the travel to use to complete Part III.
For Part III after travel is done, attach any additional pdf receipts, type your name, and submit to Area Dean/AA for processing. Part III must be completed no later than 3 days after your return.
If a hotel stay is involved, be sure to bring back an Itemized Hotel Receipt. The receipt must have your name, the dates and all details with taxes, fees, parking, etc. It must also show a zero balance.
I will audit Part III and submit to VPA. VPA will submit to the District and copy all. Reimbursement will be processed on the next available check run and I will email you once the check has arrived for pick up in the Business Services Office. Be sure to bring a photo ID. We can mail checks if necessary. Travel checks are never directly deposited.
If you have any questions, I am happy to help.
FLC Business Services Office
Phone: (916) 608-6562
Find additional purchasing forms and documents on the Los Rios District Purchasing Forms page.